Friday, October 7, 2011

Week two and work has begun...

For me this week has been one which has left me feeling a little all at sea! Not because I've been punting on the Cam (which I haven't), but because I think reality has set in... I am here... I am really an Ordinand! I have spent a year preparing for this and now it is here I feel like shouting 'STOP, I want to get off!' - Am I really the right person for this? What do I have to offer?

Two questions that I expect I will ask myself numerous times over the years to come: as I sit in lectures, stand in front of congregations or sit in meetings. But as I have been reminded today, God has had a plan for me from before I was born and this is just another part of that journey with Him and I just have to have courage and take that next step.

Since starting lectures on Thursday, many of my fellow first years have said, "At last, I'm doing what I'm here for!" This is not how I would summarise my week, but it is here and I am an Ordinand and I will find the courage to take the next step and not panic that I might stumble occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment