Friday, October 28, 2011

Panicking... me?

Don't panic... Don't Panic.... DON'T PANIC!

My reflection on this week has to start with Lance-Corporal Jones from Dad's Army running frantically round the church hall telling Mr Mainwaring not to panic!
Well this week I've been doing a Jones, whilst telling others not to panic, I've been running around panicking!

Will I get this all reading done and essay plan written before the supervision? Will I actually remember anything I've read? What, I now have to write and essay too?! What has Athanasius and Maximus got to do with all this? And I'm meant to pass an exam in all of these things... gulp! Arggh!

You know how ducks look like they are having a relaxing time bobbing along on the river, but actually under the surface, they are paddling like mad just to stay in one place. That does seem a very good analogue for what I seem to be experiencing at the moment.

BUT... there is no need to panic... cos God has it sorted! Honest! I just need to keep praying!

So if like me, you are panicking... stop, take a deep breath... then 'keep calm and carry on' because you are not in this alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment