Friday, December 2, 2011

It all started over 2000 years ago in the Holy Land...

So here we are, the end of term! I am now a 12th of the way through my ministrial training! Where have the last 10 weeks gone?!

We are now in the season of Advent, travelling the road to the manger, the first of so many journeys within the New Testament, as well as being the start of THE journey. But for me and for I think I can safely say my fellow students and even lecturers, journeying is not just what we read and study about in the Bible, we are all living a journey. It is a personal journey, but at times we have fellow travellers, sometimes they are great company, other times you wish they would just leave you alone. But with our fellow travellers we share the highs and lows of road.

This to me sums up what I have experienced here in Cambridge over the last 10 weeks. This journey that I'm on started 30 years ago and I have met many fellow travellers along the way. Some I am still travelling with, some I've parted company from. However, now I am on a new piece of road, travelling with a new set of people with whom to share my blister plasters. It has been tough, but there have been some great views and words (oh and puddings) that have kept us going.

So as Christmas approaches and we travel towards the manger--to my fellow travellers (past, present, future), thank you for your company, it has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment