Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's week 8...

Only a week to go and term is finished... I can't quite believe it, was it not only yesterday that it was week 1?! Yes, week 8 started today and I really could do with it still being week 7, too much still to do before next Wednesday!

It's amazing how quickly time goes by and I'm just getting into the groove of it all. Oh well, at least I have half a chance of hitting next term with some knowledge of what I am doing!

As Advent fast approaches (yes, the first Sunday in Advent is this Sunday!), my thoughts have turned to Jesus! Ok, maybe that's not entirely true, but all the books I'm currently reading have Jesus in the title, which I'm finding quite bizzare, but then I guess part of the reason I'm here is to learn more about Jesus.

Anyway, back to Advent... a time when we start to prepare for Christmas, to look forward to celebrating Jesus' birth. But what does that really mean to most people out there? How much of Christ really makes it into Christmas these days? A question that many preachers will consider over the next few weeks and maybe try to unpack them in their sermons. Will I? Not sure as I've not got to writing my one Advent sermon on my to do list yet, but maybe I should. If the Shepherds managed to leave the stable praising God and tell everyone about Jesus, then maybe we should be do be doing the same on a Sunday morning as we leave church! So there is a challenge for me!! And if anyone finds themself at a loose end on the 11th December and in Newcastle, you can come and see if I manage it!

No comments:

Post a Comment