Friday, January 13, 2012

Once upon a time...

Well as this is my first blog of 2012, let me start by wishing you a Happy New Year - though it seems a long time since the 1st January now!

After spending a couple of weeks away, it has been nice to be back in Cambridge and getting back into college life - though I may be feeling differently this time next week when lectures start again! Now, before those of you reading this who don't know about Westminster life think I've been sat around with my feet, I haven't, we have two short courses to do. However I've had a really nice one to start with, Storytelling. But it has not just been two and a half days of Jackanory, we have actually had to get involved and tell our own stories! And the thing about storytelling is that it is based on the oral tradition, which means no books allowed!

Now, for those of you who have ever seen me preach or give a presentation, you know I have to have a script. Too scared that I'll forget something, not say the right words or tell people something that really isn't true. So being told that I had to prepare and tell a story to the whole group filled me with dreed - no notes, this is going to go horribly wrong and be disasterous!! However, it wasn't, and if I have learnt anything over the past two and a half days is that I can do it!

I don't think that I'll be throwing my scripts away just yet, but I might be able to tell a story or to without one!

No comments:

Post a Comment